This article will be focused on how medium-sized and small businesses in Guyana can leverage the skills and other benefits of a Virtual Assistant to their advantage.
Before I delve into the benefits I would first like to outline some of the tasks that you can outsource:
- Social Media Marketing and Management
- Client/ Customer Support via website chat/ call/ email
- Appointment Scheduling
- Data Entry
- Billing and invoicing
- Personal Errands
- Cold calling/ cold emailing
- Graphic designing
Now to get into why you should contract a virtual assistant or a virtual assistant company to handle these tasks:
- Frees up time for Strategic Thinking – With mundane repetitive tasks outsourced, you and your team can now focus on activities that generate revenue and grows your business
- Cost-effective – Hiring a Virtual Assistant is more cost-effective than having a full-time employee. With a VA you do not have to worry about paying payroll taxes, benefits, catering for overhead, or paying for unproductive periods such as sick leave, medicals, leave. If one VA is unavailable there will be another to fill in!
- Increase productivity – A problem that Guyanese entrepreneurs encounter is staff being unproductive for break period, lunch periods, etc and the company still has to pay for these unproductive periods. With a VA you ONLY pay for productive hours.
- More Flexibility – Having a VA allows you to have more flexibility as it relates to working hours. A VA can work with whichever time you need them!
Guyanese businesses are usually averse to freelancers/ Work from home jobs etc. but with a shift in the way we do business its time to catch up with the rest of the world. Companies like CNN, Air B and B , Uner etc. whats stopping you!?!